Enforcement of 2010 ADA Standards began on March
15, 2012. Sweeping accessibility changes affecting the hospitality
business, and many public facilities will be required and enforced.
Compliance is mandatory!
2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design provides
you with an all-inclusive guide that puts both the ADA Standards for
Accessible Design, which governs construction and alteration of
places of public use, together with the Department of Justice's
Guidance on the Standards for Accessible Design, in one complete
The 2010 ADA
- 2010 Standards for State and local
governments, which consist of the Title II regulations at 28 CFR
35.151 and the 2004 ADAAG at 36 CFR part 1191, appendices B & D.
- The 2010 Standards for public
accommodations and commercial facilities, which consist of the
Title III regulations at 28 CFR part 36, subpart D, and the 2004
ADAAG at 36 CFR part 1191, appendices B and D.
compliance easy, with a side-by-side look at both the 2010 ADA
Standards, and the requirements you need to meet those Standards
You'll find the Department of Justice's
Guidance provides in a shaded box immediately after each section.
The Guidance clearly shows you all the changes
to the Standards, the reasoning behind those changes, and the
responses to public commentary received on them.
Enforcement of these Standards began on March 15,
2012 for all new construction projects.
With the help of this manual it will be easier for you to stay in
full compliance and avoid a non-compliance lawsuit.
- Title II. 2010 Standards for State and Local
- Title III. 2010 Standards for Public
Accommodations and Commercial Facilities
Part I. 2004 ADAAG: 2010
Standards for Titles II and III Facilities
- ADA Chapter 1: Application and
- ADA Chapter 2: Scoping Requirements
- Chapter 3: Building Blocks
- Chapter 4: Accessible Routes
- Chapter 5: General Site and Building
- Chapter 6: Plumbing Elements and
- Chapter 7: Communication Elements and
- Chapter 8: Special Rooms, Spaces and
- Chapter 9: Built-in Elements
- Chapter 10: Recreation Facilities
8-1/2 x 11in.
Code Check Series