By: Gary W. Moselle, Esq.
If you're a California contractor, you need to be good at
drafting California construction contracts. You need contracts that:
- Fit your jobs. Boilerplate contracts are an embarrassment
and reflect a lack of professionalism on your part.
- Comply with California law. Contractors who don't comply are
subject to discipline by the C.S.L.B.
- Anticipate the most likely disputes. Protect yourself.
Anything else is an accident waiting to happen.
- Resolve key issues in your favor. Adjust contract bias your
way. No "standard" contract can do that.
When you deliver a bid, attach a contract you've:
- Drafted in minutes, and
- Meets both California and federal requirements, and
- Covers all the likely sticking points.
Construction Contract Writer is an interview. Answer the
questions to create contracts as detailed or as simple as the
project requires - anything from a small home improvement job to a
major commercial project.
Creates subcontracts based on the prime contract
When your client signs the contract, re-open the original prime
contract. Then click to turn that contract into a subcontract which
mirrors precisely the provisions in your agreement with the property
owner. No more relying on "flow-down." You get a custom-built
subcontract based on provisions in the prime contract.
No legal background needed
Maybe best of all, Construction Contract Writer explains in plain
English what you need to know before answering an interview
Take your choice
Want a balanced and fair contract? That's easy.
Want to draft a contract that protects the property owner?
Need an aggressive contract that pushes the limits?
Construction Contract Writer will do that too.
Take control of the contract drafting process
Don't let others stack the deck against you. Control the contract
and you control the bottom line - the profit built into each job.
Give every prospective client a perfectly crafted, custom contract
ready for signature.
Construction contract law changes
Your contracts have to change to stay in compliance. That's why
Construction Contract Writer includes an "Update" button. You'll be
invited to click "Update" when a change affects the contracts you're
drafting. A connection to the Web is required. The first year of
updates is included with the purchase price.
Need legal help drafting a contract?
Click the "Get Help from an Attorney" button on the Construction
Contract Writer help menu to get answers from an attorney on staff
at Craftsman. No charge. No limit. Expect a response in 24 hours
This book includes:
- The California Construction Contract Writer disc.
(Windows XP or higher required)
- Instructions for installing and using California CCW.
- Sixteen printed forms ready to copy and use on your jobs.
- A summary of important features in each of the 16 forms.
- The 16 sample forms ready to install to your computer.
Introduction & Select Features
8-1/2 x 11 in.
Business / Legal / Office
Electrical Exam Prep
2008 NEC and Related
2005 NEC and Related