Devices, Circuits and Materials
ideal choice for anyone interested in mastering basic electricity,
including AC power, wiring installation, lighting, and effective
Designed to help you learn fundamental
electrical concepts and explore their practical applications, this
trusted text provides a thorough introduction to various types of
alternating current (AC) circuits, as well as key principles such as
power, power factor, power factor correction, inductive reactance,
capacitive reactance, and impedance.
ELECTRICITY 2: DEVICES, CIRCUITS AND
MATERIALS, Tenth Edition, maintains the user-friendly style and
proven instructional approach while incorporating new material and
updates based on the
2011 National Electrical CodeŽ.
Featuring current industry terminology,
photographs of commonly used electrical equipment, and sample
problems with solutions, this convenient, affordable text is
an ideal choice for anyone
interested in mastering basic electricity, including AC power,
wiring installation, lighting, and effective troubleshooting.
- The new, Tenth Edition of this
proven text features updated content and references
based on the 2011 edition of the National Electrical
CodeŽ, allowing students to gain familiarity with
current professional standards.
- New and revised practice problems
help students apply key concepts and techniques covered
in each chapter to assess their learning and identify
areas that may need further reinforcement.
- New and updated content
incorporated throughout the book reflects current
methods and materials used by professional electricians
and skilled amateurs alike, based on relevant government
and industry standards.
- The new edition includes
scientific notation to help students learn and recognize
this essential aspect of modern electrical work.
1. Alternating-Current Principles
2. Inductance and Inductive Reactance
3. Capacitance and Capacitive Reactance
4. Series Circuit; Resistance and Inductance
5. Series Circuit: Resistance and Capacitance
6. Series Circuit: Resistance, Inductance and Capacitance
7. AC Parallel Circuits Containing Inductance
8. AC Parallel Circuits Containing Inductance and Capacitance
9. AC Power, Power Factor, and Power Factor Correction
10. Summary Review of Units 1-9
11. Installation of a Single-Phase, Three-Wire Service Entrance
for a Single-Family Residence
12. Installation of a Single-Phase, Three-Wire Service Entrance
for an Apartment Building
13. Installation of a Three-Phase, Three-Wire Service Entrance
14. Introduction to Fluorescent Lighting
15. Installation of Fluorescent Lighting
16. Summary Review of Units 11-15
About the Author:
Dr. Thomas S. Kubala
received an AAS degree in Electrical Technology from Broome
Community College, Binghamton, New York; a BS degree in Electrical
Engineering from the Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester,
New York; and an MS degree in in Vocational Technical Education from
the State University of New York at Oswego. He earned his doctoral
degree from the University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.
In addition to his extensive
background in technological education, Dr. Kubala has had industrial
experience with responsibilities in the fields of aerodynamics and
electrical drafting, design, testing and evaluation. He is currently
the Deputy to the Chancellor of Community Colleges at the State
University of New York, Albany, New York.
168 Pages - 7-3/8 x
& Related Products