Principles and Applications, 8E
|Larry F. Jeffus
proven guide provides students with the knowledge and skills they
need to complete AWS SENSE Level I and Level II programs, create
Workmanship Qualification Specimens, and earn professional
Advancing rapidly from basic
concepts and processes to today’s most complex, cutting-edge welding
technologies and practices, this comprehensive text features
valuable information on topics such as welding metallurgy, metal
fabrication, weld testing and inspection, joint design, job costing,
and environmental and conservation tips.
The author opens each section by
introducing students to the materials, equipment, setup procedures,
and critical safety information they need to execute a specific
process successfully, while subsequent chapters focus on individual
welding tasks leading to SENSE certification.
Now with MindTap for Welding,
complete with simulation and up-to-date welding videos.
Larry F. Jeffus is a Professor at
Emeritus, Eastfield College in Eastfield, Texas. He has been
nominated by colleges for the Innovator of the Year as the result of
setting up nontraditional technical training programs.
He was also selected as the Outstanding
Post-Secondary Technical Educator in the State of Texas by the Texas
1. Introduction to
2. Safety in Welding.
3. Shielded Metal Arc Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
4. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Plate.
5. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Pipe.
6. Shielded Metal Arc Welding AWS SENSE Certification.
7. Flame Cutting.
8. Plasma Arc Cutting.
9. Related Cutting Processes.
10. Gas Metal Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
11. Gas Metal Arc Welding.
12. Flux Cored Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
13. Flux Cored Arc Welding.
14. Gas Metal Arc and Flux Cored Arc Welding of Pipe.
15. Gas Metal Arc and Flux Cored Arc Welding AWS SENSE
16. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
17. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of Plate.
18. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of Pipe.
19. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Plate and Pipe AWS SENSE
20. Shop Math and Weld Cost.
21. Reading Technical Drawings.
22. Welding Joint Design and Welding Symbols.
23. Fabricating Techniques and Practices.
24. Welding Codes and Standards.
25. Testing and Inspection.
26. Welding Metallurgy.
27. Weldability of Metals.
28. Filler Metal Selection.
29. Welding Automation and Robotics.
30. Other Welding Processes.
31. Oxyfuel Welding and Cutting Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
31. Oxyacetylene Welding.
32. Brazing, Braze Welding, and Soldering.
976 pages - 8-1/2 x 11 in.
Guide with Lab Manual for Jeffus' Welding: Principles and
The Study Guide reinforces
student understanding of concepts presented in the text. Each
Chapter starts with a review of the important topics discussed in
Students can then test their
knowledge by answering additional questions, completing lab
exercises (as appropriate) to reinforce the primary objectives of
the lesson and view artwork and safety precautions.
Study Guide w/Lab Manual for
Welding: Principles and Applications, 8E
Welding / Metal