|PHCC Educational Foundation
Written by contractors for
contractors, their employees, and first-year plumbing students,
Plumbing 101, 6E delivers the practical, on-the-job information
needed to meet the workforce training needs of the industry.
PLUMBING 101, 6th Edition,
was developed in partnership with the PHCC Educational Foundation.
Part of a series, it introduces topics that are revisited in more
detail in subsequent titles.
This valuable resource addresses
residential and commercial plumbing, with core content centering on
basic plumbing principles and codes.
Updates to this edition include
new sections on brazing safety procedures and water heaters;
expanded content on plumbing rough-in practices and career path
possibilities; and updates that reflect emerging topics and
technology. The result is foundational for new plumbing apprentices
- Detailed illustrations clarify
key concepts and facilitate the mastery of critical
- Emphasis on real-world
applications enables students to fully grasp the
sometimes complex theory and codes that can be
- Simple, straightforward
explanations that use industry terminology familiarize
students with important, up-to-date language that is
used regularly in the field.
1. Plumbing History, Codes, and
2. Tools of the Plumbing Trade.
3. First Aid and Safety.
4. Basic Math for Plumbing.
5. Water Supply, Water Sources, Waste Disposal, and Sewage
6. Mechanical Properties and Protection of Building Materials
7. Piping Materials Used in Plumbing Work.
8. Joining Methods for DWV and Pressure Piping.
9. Squares, Square Roots, and Basic Geometry.
10. Plumbing Fixtures.
11. Faucets and Related Devices.
13. Water Heaters.
14. Building Plans, Drawings, and Scale Rulers.
320 Pages -
8-1/2 x 11in.
HVAC Exam Prep
Electrical Exam Prep
2017 NEC and
2014 NEC and Related
Building Code Related