|PHCC Educational Foundation
With practical, hands-on knowledge of the real-world
issues that face plumbing professionals, Plumbing 201, 6E
presents the second installment in our four-part plumbing training
PLUMBING 201, 6th Edition, offers practical knowledge and skills to
This proven resource was
developed in partnership with the PHCC Educational Foundation.
Building on PLUMBING 101, it covers
piping materials, sources, and distribution for potable water; water
pipe sizing; cross-connection protection; water heaters; sewage
disposal; drainage fixture units; building drains; and stacks.
This edition features chapters on
communication skills and professionalism and fixture supports. A
straightforward writing style, realistic examples, and emphasis on
hands-on applications make it invaluable for anyone entering or
working in the plumbing industry.
- PLUMBING 201, Sixth Edition,
has been revised and expanded with two all-new chapters
to provide even more real-world skills and important
practical knowledge; one new chapter covers
communication skills and professionalism, while the
second focuses on fixture supports.
- Up-to-date codes throughout the
text ensure that readers are gaining familiarity with
the most current practices, methods, and tools used by
professionals in the field today.
- Comprehensive plumbing code
definitions are based on the National Standard Plumbing
Code (NSPC), exposing readers to definitions that are
consistent with industry standards and commonly used by
- Organized according to U.S.
Department of Labor (USDOL) standards, PLUMBING 201,
Sixth Edition, meets the qualifying standards for the
classroom portion of apprentice programs recognized by
the USDOL, so instructors and students alike can depend
on this trusted resource in preparation for professional
- Installation practices for
plastic pipes and fittings are presented in a dedicated
chapter, providing detailed coverage of this fundamental
area of plumbing as part of a wide-ranging introduction
to the field.
- An appendix on welding theory
provides additional information for readers interested
in more advanced skills in this specific trade.
Skills and Professionalism.
2. Pipe Joining Techniques.
3. Plastic Pipe and Fittings.
4. Introduction to Welding, Gas Welding, and Safety.
5. Soldering, Brazing, Cutting, and Gas Welding.
6. Piping Materials, Sources, and Distribution for Potable
7. Water Pipe Sizing: Main and Branch and Individual Run
8. Water Heaters and Hot Water Distribution.
9. Cross-Connection Protection and Pipe Identification.
10. Sewage Disposal Methods.
11. Drainage Fixture Units.
12. Building Drains.
14. Mathematics Review and Linear Measure.
16. Properties of Water.
17. Venting Plumbing Drainage Systems.
18. Sump Pumps, Sewage Pumps, and Sewage Ejectors.
19. Plumbing Traps.
20. Fixture Supports.
21. Hoisting and Rigging.
22. Safety Concepts.
23. Rough-In Sheets.
24. Details, Sections, and Exploded View Drawings.
544 Pages -
8-1/2 x 11in.