|PHCC Educational Foundation
"Designed for the third-year plumbing apprentice, PLUMBING 301,
Second Edition, combines a visually appealing, full-color
design, clear writing style, and the most current plumbing and
gas code references to deliver ""need-to-know"" information for
both commercial and residential plumbers.
Coverage begins with basic
installation practices; progresses to blueprint reading, the
National Fuel Gas Code, and surveying instruments; and includes
special chapters devoted to the math and science of plumbing.
Building on this thorough
foundation, the Second Edition includes new discussions of hydronic
systems, LP gas systems, ejector systems, water treatment, and much
The PHCC Educational Foundation Plumbing
Apprentice & Journeyman Training Committee is composed of
contractor business owners, apprentice instructors, industry
representatives and professional educators with vast experience in
the plumbing profession.
- Detailed illustrations provide
accurate visualizations of key tools, structures, and
concepts readers are likely to encounter in the field.
- Engaging examples and sidebars
complement and expand on core material, providing
reinforcement of key concepts and allowing readers to
gain additional knowledge in areas of interest.
- Up-to-date code references arm
readers with the most current information and essential
skills, so they can apply their knowledge immediately
and with confidence on the job.
- Written by a team of contractors,
instructors, and code experts, this highly practical
text is designed to provide third-year apprentices with
everything they need to know to be successful in the
1. Pre-planning, Productivity and
2. Residential Fixtures and Appliances.
3. Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Fixtures and
4. Installation Methods.
5. Fixture Fittings and Trim.
6. Principles of Hydronic Systems.
7. Blueprints and Specifications.
8. Drawing Types, Floor Plans and Site Plans.
9. Structural, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC and Detail Plans.
10. National Fuel Gas Code, Materials and Types of Fuel Gases.
11. Fuel Gas Piping, Fittings, Connections and Pipe Sizing.
12. Gas Appliances, Regulators, Meters and Appliance Controls.
13. Vents for Category I Appliances.
14. Fundamentals of LP.
15. Level Transit, Elevations and Grade.
16. Builders Level and Transit.
17. Offsets and Ratios.
18. Tank Capacities, Volume and Weight of Water.
19. Storm Drainage and Sizing Storm Drains.
20. Cross Connections.
21. Ejector Systems.
22. Energy and Temperature, Piping Expansion, Heat Transfer,
Insulation, Humidity and Condensation.
23. Water Treatment.
24. Heat Sources for Water Heaters and Ancillary Piping.
25. Basic Electricity, Electric Current and Electric Motors.
26. Electric Circuits, Circuit Protection, Control Wiring and
27. Electric Circuit Troubleshooting.
576 Pages -
8-1/2 x 11in.